Monday, March 22, 2010

Boys + Dirt = Free Babysitter

Over spring break, we went to my parents' farm for a few days to pick up their old deck wood so we could make our own deck. They are building an addition in that spot and when we got there they had just dug out and were working on the foundation which meant ... dirt mounds! Without any prompting, the second Jaxon saw those he wanted to play on them.
It amazes me how boys are just boys and you don't teach them to be rough and want to make things crash into each other - they just do it. I remember when my parents built their house and they dug up the basement. There were HUGE dirt mounds that my brother would play on for HOURS! I maybe played on it for a little bit like look I can climb up here (a hill in Kansas) but then I was like I'm out, I've got better things to do. My brother even had a slumber party with a bunch of boys and their main activity was playing on the dirt mounds. They were so excited and I was like so that's all they're going to do? Play in the dirt? And they did! The whole time! Anyway, it's just very interesting for me to try to figure out boys and how they think now that I have one to watch grow up since birth.
Jaxon would have played out there all day if we would have let him but we wanted to be out there with him because in the foundation they had put in some cement and had these poles (I don't know the term) sticking up everywhere so we wanted to make sure he stayed on the right side. Yes, I know, I grew up on the farm but now that I'm a mom I see things a lot differently but I try to not be too over-protective.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Watching them pour cement
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Loving on Tassie
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment