Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st Day of Preschool!

Photobucket

Today was Jaxon's first day of Preschool! I can't believe it! He has been so excited all summer. When he woke up this morning we told him we'd take pictures and he said, "No, you're not going to the school with me. I'm going by myself." We explained that we weren't going to the school but we'd take pictures at home. Fortunately he let us take pictures as long as we weren't going to his school. I guess I should be glad he's being independent instead of clingy. I'm glad he wants to be a big boy now but he's not very consistent like he carried his bag to the daycare then to Preschool but when we got home it was just too heavy to carry inside. We were like, "I don't think so." He only wants to be a big boy sometimes but we said that's not how it's going to be.
We took him to Daycare this morning then our friend who is his Preschool teacher, Ms. Brandee, picked him up and dropped him off. It's a big help because we don't know until school starts what our schedule will be and I can't really just leave my class for 10 minutes to pick him up or drop him off without coverage and a whole mess. I was kind of sad I don't get to do that but I look at it different because next year when he's in Kindergarten I'll be right there so it's not too big of a deal.
Ms. Brandee said he did pretty good and did a nice job coloring (his favorite thing to do with his favorite color yellow of course). I heard he was a little upset when the kids were being dropped off because they were getting pictures and he wasn't. Some other moms took pictures of him so he got over it. I don't think he really missed us he just thinks he has to be in all the pictures.
He only has Preschool on Tuesday and Thursday so I think he's going to be a little disappointed tomorrow when he doesn't get to go. I've been preparing him that he's staying at Julie's all day tomorrow so hopefully he'll remember and not get upset.
Blake and I started school today too. We had inservice today and tomorrow. The kids come for half-day Thursday then full-day Friday.

He was so proud of his Batman backpack.
Photobucket

Even though I don't really like taking pictures, I wanted a record to show how tall he was next to me so we can look back when he's taller than me.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hopefully someday he'll be taller than Daddy too! We are hoping for a basketball player!
Photobucket

Photobucket

It was rainy today. Can you believe it?
Photobucket

Photobucket

You can see more pics of his classroom at his Preschool's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment