Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jaxon's New Room

Last weekend we started the process of getting Jaxon moved downstairs so we can have his room upstairs for the nursery. I thought we'd get started making it his own and moving his stuff down but he was always hesitant about sleeping down there. I told him he could still sleep upstairs and thought we'd slowly work our way downstairs. We have a bassinet for the baby so it's not like he has to be out of the room the second the baby comes home. I thought we'd let him be part of the process and pick out paint and make the room his own which might help him want to sleep down there. He picked out blue and yellow for the room and when we started he asked if we were going to move his bed down. I said not yet until he was ready. He said he was ready so we had the talk that we weren't going to move his bed up and down and he'd have to sleep on the floor or something else upstairs if he changed his mind but he kept saying he was going to sleep downstairs. I figured we'd better go with it while he said he'd do it and he's been sleeping down there for a whole week now! I'm so proud of him! The first night he came upstairs but he said it wasn't because he was scared but because he missed me.
So here's pictures of the process. Blake finished painting last weekend with some help from Jaxon. Then we slowly have been moving the rest of his stuff down. The reason it's been slow is because of me. Blake does the heavy lifting then I organize. I can only do a little bit of work before I get tired and need a rest which is frustrating.

Getting ready!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Time for yellow!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Done!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is bright! It looks great though. I bet he had lots of fun helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool room Jaxon!!! We like it too.

    ReplyDelete