Saturday, June 6, 2009

Relay for Life 2009

Photobucket

This was the third year that I have been on a team in Haskell County's Relay for Life. We rotate between having it in Satanta and Sublette. This year it was back in Satanta. Last night (Friday, June 5) was the start of the Relay and it lasted 12 hours until Saturday morning. For more info click here.
Both my grandparents had cancer and they always come out and participate in the Relay. I always have a good time with my team. If you've never been I suggest going. It's always a moving experience.
I didn't get the totals for the whole county but my team raised around $4500! Fight Back!

The Relay always starts off with the Survivor lap. Jaxon always walks it with Granny and Papa.
Photobucket

All the survivors get up and say their name, kind of cancer they had, and how many years they've been cancer free.
Photobucket

These are the "Hope for Hooters" shirts our team sold. So cute!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment