Monday, April 27, 2009

The Artist/Yoga Man

I am kind of backed up on some blogs (that sounds kind of gross). Anyway I will be posting things that happened later but I figure it is easy to look at one a day then a whole bunch at once.

First up - The Artist
Jaxon loves to color. I mean loves it! He really started getting into it at Thanksgiving when Grandma got him a pack of who knows how many markers and he spent 2 1/2 hours straight coloring - that's a long time for a 3 year old. Ever since then he spends time coloring everyday. He does pretty good (of course I think so) for his age. He colors them then has Blake and I cut around them as close as possible. He'll tell us if we missed a spot. Now does he ever do these wonderful creations for Mommy or Daddy - no way! They are mine! (his words) So we have a whole bucket full of pictures he has colored. (Yes I've had to throw a few away when he's not looking. I know I'm a bad Mommy but seriously we would have a whole room full if I didn't.) This weekend at our Sunday School's garage sale we made a pretty good find with a drawing desk. Now he can sit at it and color all he wants and the lid lifts up to store all of his coloring books, crayons, markers, etc... Right now we just put it somewhere but will probably rearrange later. Being a true artist he also likes to paint. Of course Mommy doesn't like the mess so those are put away and only been out a few times. I did get him some finger paints for Easter. I know what a mess but hey I'm a first grade teacher so I can handle it. Hopefully Jaxon will get his Daddy's artistic skills.

Photobucket
Jaxon with his new desk he loves!
Photobucket
Inside the desk


Next Up - Yoga Man
We were getting the floor picked up to vacuum and Jaxon started doing some yoga poses that he saw Julie (his daycare provider) doing. It is hilarious. I've done a little bit of yoga so I kind of know the names. It was so funny! You never know what they are watching and absorbing.

Tree Pose


Chair Pose


Downward Facing Dog


Plank

We got some other garage sale finds - a dresser, bookshelves, and a few toys. Our Sunday School class did pretty good making over $850 which will go to the Mexican American Ministries in Satanta which helps families who need it in the community. We were exhausted but had a good time.

1 comment: