Saturday, April 11, 2009

Royals Game



Blake and I went to the Royals game on Friday, April 10th - Opening Day with my brother Dustin and Uncle Josh. The Royals played the Yankees and lost but it was still a lot of fun. They just got done doing some renovations (See Pics) and it was awesome. I highly suggest people go even if the Royals aren't that good this year. Just the atmosphere is so great!
Afterwards, we went to drop off some of my brother's Royals tickets for another game with my cousin Tyler who lives in KC. He is 18 and was working at Hy-Vee so I of course decided to embarrass him. (Pictures coming) Poor Tyler got redder than his hair when I started taking pictures of him. He told me to go bother his sister Faith (16) who also works there. I went over and snapped a shot of Faith checking people out (as a cashier). She looked up and literally screamed, "OH MY GOD!" Everyone looked up to see what was going on which in turn ended up embarrassed me. In fact, Blake and Dustin were on their way to say hello until she screamed then they about-faced and went the other way. Oh Faith!
We went out to eat at Red Robin whom I heard had awesome burgers and they were great. Another recommendation! We stayed at my brother's - Oh the college days!
This was the first overnight stay without us for Jaxon. He had a blast of course staying with Grandma and Grandpa. Yesterday, they went to Pratt (40 miles away) to eat breakfast with Mamaw and Papaw (Blake's parents). So he got extra spoiled. He was always too busy to talk to me when I called. When we got back, he started pouting because he thought we were taking him home and he didn't want to leave. Obviously not too hard for him to be away from Mommy and Daddy!
He was a pretty good boy but I think my parents have an appreciation now for dealing with a 3 year old. (I think they forgot some of it.) Jaxon is very stubborn and persistent and had a bit of a meltdown today before nap. My mom was like he just kept doing it! I was definitely not like that as a child. I hated getting in trouble and would start bawling the second I thought my parents were mad at me. Unfortunately I did not get a child like that. Jaxon doesn't really LIKE getting in trouble but he really LIKES to get HIS way more.
Jaxonism: sort of?
Running around the house re-enacting the part to Home Alone 2 when Kevin has the blow up clown in the shower singing then yelling to the concierge, "Hey get out of here before I knock you silly." Then he runs out yelling and falls just like the concierge did. This kid needs to get paid to watch movies when he's older!

No comments:

Post a Comment