Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Healthy Eating

A while back we were talking to Jaxon about healthy eating. The reason why was because he will get these cramps or pains in his legs once in awhile. We not positive what it is but we think they are probably growing pains. He has gotten pretty tall lately and it seems to all be in his legs. Anyway, I try to watch what he eats when they happen and I think they happen when he has more junk food. Of course we try to feed him a balanced diet but this kid likes to snack and if Blake and I don't communicate he can get more junk that he needs. He loves chips so we really limit those.
So when his legs started hurting, I took this opportunity to talk to him about healthy eating. (Even though I have no idea if that is why his legs hurt. Just twisting the truth in my favor.) So I told him if he wanted his legs to stop hurting that he would have to eat healthy food. We told him all about foods that are good for you such as fruits, vegetables, and grains and we should eat a lot of them. Then we told him chips and candy are not very good for you so we only have that a little bit. Then he said, "But chips and candy are delicious Mommy!" Don't I know it Jaxon. So I think Jaxon nailed our problem with junk food pretty simply - it's just too darn delicious.

Jaxonism:
Jaxon poked his head around the corner and said, "There she is! My little superstar!" (Apparently this is from the movie Bolt)

Here's a pic of Jaxon with one of his favorites: Fudgesicles. If he doesn't eat a good meal then he doesn't get one. Bargaining works!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love fudgesicles, too. Maybe I should make that bargain with myself.

    ReplyDelete