Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Motorcycle Brent

Photobucket

One of our family friends, Brent, has a motorcycle. I'm not sure when it started but when Jaxon saw Brent on the motorcycle he started calling him "Motorcycle Brent". Whenever he saw a motorcycle or got a toy motorcycle he would always say, "Motorcycle Brent". Brent always asks him if he wants a ride and Jaxon backs away with a firm, "No". When we were getting ready to celebrate Blake and another friend's, James, birthdays on Saturday we saw Brent on his motorcycle and asked Jaxon if he wanted a ride. We all assumed he'd say no but this time he said, "Yes!" Brent didn't have a helmet so he said he'd go get it. I thought Jaxon might back down when it was right there but he went for his first motorcycle ride around the block. I used to like to ride with my dad when I was little, even though turning made me nervous so I was excited for him. I will admit that is not what I want him to have when he's driving but it was fun for a short ride.

Photobucket
Gotta love the "guy love" (from Scrubs).The birthday boys.

Below are pics from James and Blake's birthday party on Saturday. James is April 26 and Blake's is April 30 so we just combined them. We got a Dairy Queen cake that wasn't quite thawed out so Brent decided to heat the knife over the burner. It didn't quite work out so well so we had to wait. I asked Blake if he wanted his gift now (Saturday) or wait until his real birthday. Blake said to wait but Jaxon heard me and said, "Give Daddy Batman!" He had kept the secret for a few days but my reminder wasn't going to quiet him now. So we went ahead and gave him his gift which was 2 movies - Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment