Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Daddy's Helper

Here are some pics of Jaxon helping daddy.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We are working frantically trying to get a patio done before summer starts and Blake won't be here much. He is going to be helping my dad farm this summer since my brother still has some classes to take at KU to finish up. We will be going back and forth a lot and I think it would be great to have a patio to sit on and watch Jaxon play this summer.

Today we went to a friend's farm to get sand - no big deal right? First let me tell you how the day was already going - it was my class's field trip. We go down to Beaver, OK to the sand hills. Which is exactly how it sounds - there are big hills of sand and the kids go up and down and play all day. So of course I am covered with sand and Blake wants to get more sand so I figure why shower until we're done even though I'm dying to get clean. We are shoveling the sand into the trailer and the people's house we go to has some strapping young boys so the mom sends them out to help. Well needless to say, I go forward and the shovel goes back and Wham! I'm hit. I get hit right above my eye on the brow bone and start gushing blood (you know how head wounds are). Fortunately, it is not deep but that was my cue to take a break. It has been a long day (and week) but we only have half a day with students tomorrow. I will miss my class but I am so ready for summer! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment