Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Since Satanta Day is always right before Mother's Day and we're always frazzled and not wanting to travel we decided to have Mother's Day here this year. My parents, grandparents, and Blake's parents all came to church in the morning then back to our house for dinner - lasagna, bread, salad, mixed veggies, and apple turnovers with ice cream (Leanne's recipe listed below - YUMMY!)
For Mother's Day gifts I got creative (and thrifty). I got some clay pots then instead of me doing all the work I let all the grandma's do the work. Each Grandma, Granny and Mamaw got to paint a clay pot with Jaxon. Doing their own designs with Jaxon and his handprints and their own special grandmother names. I figure the experience would be memorable and fun and so much easier than me doing them all by myself. They turned out really great as seen below. Jaxon had a lot of fun making them also. I still have to make mine with him but I figured spreading them out would be better than doing them all at once.

Grandma's (my mom)
Photobucket

Granny's (my grandmother)
Photobucket

Mamaw's (Blake's mom)
Photobucket

Jaxon's (he had his own to do what he wanted with which kept him from going too far on the others')
Photobucket

Mommy's still to come...

Leanne's Apple Turnovers - easy and yummy!
2 apples - peeled, cored and each sliced into 8 slices
2 cans crescent rolls
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1 can Mountain Dew

Roll each apple slice with a crescent roll, making sure all of the apple is covered. Place in a 9 x 13 pan (greased). Mix together butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Add a little Mountain Dew to make it drizzling consistency. Drizzle over apple turnovers. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.

1 comment: