Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trouble!



I picked the title for two reasons. First off Jaxon found our game Trouble and wanted to play it which I thought would be good counting practice. Second - that's what he was in big time today. Today was the start of Vacation Bible School and this is Jaxon's first year to get to go to preschool. A friend of mine was doing preschool so I said I'd help her out. Mainly I was excited to not be a crew leader this year - it is too much like school doing that and having to get on kids. I knew that it would be tricky for Jaxon though with me being there. I told the other leaders to take care of him and I'd help the other kids. So I was mostly trying to stay away from him this morning and telling him to ask the other leaders for help. Everytime I was around him he was whining and disobeying. Afterwards he wanted to have a friend over and I told him no because he wasn't behaving well today. This set off a humongous fit while we were still in the church that continued on the way home and for about 30 minutes afterwards. We had a big talk and some disciplining about his behavior. He keeps saying that tomorrow he will work so that his friend can come over and play. Hopefully he will start learning more about consequences of his behavior or it will be a long summer.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny hearing others go through this, but I feel your pain! :)

    ReplyDelete