Thursday, August 28, 2014

My Birthday

Another year has gone by and I turned 32. Wow!

My birthday was on Friday this year (February 7 in case my kids are reading this years from now and forget my birthday). My brother got Blake and I tickets to the KU vs K-State basketball game on Saturday February 8 in Lawrence. My parents, the kids, Blake and I headed to Wichita after school to celebrate and spend the night. Fingers are always crossed that the weather doesn't interfere when you have a winter birthday and it worked out!

When we got there we went to Bradley Fair (my mom and mine's favorite place to shop) and did a little shopping but my main focus was join got Cocoa Dolce which is a chocolate shop! I had to have some decadent chocolate on my birthday - Yum!

Jemma got some strawberry gelato.
 photo file_zps4667482d.jpg

 photo file_zps745640e2.jpg

My dad picking out some chocolates.
 photo file_zps5503a099.jpg

My boys!
 photo file_zps11b07846.jpg

Here is a pic of the box I got from there with assorted chocolate truffles that I posted on Facebook. They were all fantastic. My favorite is anything dark chocolate, salted caramel, and they had one with caramel and bacon! Delish!
 photo file_zps13c6a775.jpg

I LOVE (I'm not sure if that is a strong enough word), deeply love Italian food. I love Olive Garden but I'm always up to try different places so I found a place called Ciao Italian Restaurant on the Waterfront which usually has some nice places so we tried it out. It didn't have all the garlic and breadsticks but I ordered a side salad and they had yummy bread. The food was yummy! It's Italian food so of course I loved it.

 photo file_zpsd9d2438b.jpg

 photo file_zpsd7e56c32.jpg

 photo file_zps8e0668ab.jpg

 photo file_zps2368ac55.jpg

The boys with their spaghetti and meatballs.
 photo file_zps93e97c4d.jpg

Jemma with her usual mac and cheese. Unfortunately she needs to learn that she doesn't like fancy mac and cheese just the regular old Kraft stuff so she doesn't usually like it when she ordered it.
 photo file_zpsf8268849.jpg

I can't remember what I got but it was super yummy. I do remember though that I got a trio of wines to taste which were delicious! You had to pick which theme of wines you wanted so you didn't get to choose the 3 individual ones yourself which was a bummer but I like to try different things. I liked that they were labeled also so you knew which was which.
 photo file_zps6a6040e8.jpg


My parents took the kids home the next day while Blake and I went on to Lawrence. Dustin is assistant basketball coach so he had a game on Friday so he met us in Lawrence with some friends - Jamie and Amber. I miss the kids but it is also fun to go out with just adults once in awhile.

Here is my only picture of Amber and I from that night before the game. I guess I'm not that good at taking pictures when the kids aren't around. We had a lot of fun though!
 photo file_zps6319a1a5.jpg

Here is a photo mom sent me of the kids while we were gone.
 photo file_zpsf91607e8.jpg

FYI - This was during the 14 days of love and I actually thought ahead and brought the stuff with me Saturday to have at the motel then gave the kids their Sunday stuff when we got home. Mom Win! (I won't mention all my other mom fails.)

No comments:

Post a Comment