Thursday, January 14, 2010

Weekly Update

It's been a fairly boring week with not a whole lot going on but it's still felt long. We had Jaxon's parent-teacher conference this week. His teacher said he was doing really well. That helps us as we decide if he's ready for Kindergarten next year. It's kind of tricky since he has a summer birthday. I'm not too stressed. My mom is a Kindergarten teacher and thinks he'll be fine so maybe I should listen to her years of experience. I guess what is strange is that in 2 years he'll be in first grade which is what age I have. It's hard to imagine him like my first graders. It's amazing how quickly they grow and mature.
Nothing else too exciting going on. I know that it will hit us all the sudden where we're busy every night so I'm trying to enjoy not being too stressed and busy.
We started a new job chart for Jaxon. We got one at the dollar store when school started for fun and he really liked it then we got busy with the holidays. I made one for him and he loves it! I know I sound like a dumb teacher-mom using my school techniques but he loves it and he will do stuff on it just to get a sticker. If he didn't like it I wouldn't do it but he likes the structure of it. Sometimes I think I'm not as structured for him because I'm so structured with my class I just want to relax at home. I'm telling you though, kids do better with routines. That is true with Jaxon at least. It makes it easier if I stick with a routine (but he also has to learn flexibility.)
Here is Jaxon sleeping in his K-State football outfit. He went to bed in his PJ's then changed himself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment