Sunday, April 15, 2012

We've Got a Runner

On March 30, the Relay for Life Team had a Run Down Cancer event that had a 5K and 1 mile. Jaxon was upset with me last year for not getting to participate when his friends did. I had just had Jemma and Blake was DJing so I said I didn't let him because I thought he would get lost since they run around town and he'd be complaining and want to walk. (I've been on walks with him so I know how it usually goes.)
So this year Blake was DJing again and I have a cool jogging stroller I am borrowing from a friend so I signed Jaxon and I up for it and brought Jemma along for the ride.

Before the race.
Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a done a little bit of jog/walk workouts and Jaxon would want to start out sprinting so I'd try and reign him in saying it was a long ways. Then after a bit he'd be tired and not want to jog when it was time. So I didn't expect that he would run the whole race. (I'm not in shape to run the whole time!) I asked him before it started if he wanted to start out at a run and he said yes. So when we started we were together and he was pulling ahead a little with me reminding him not too go too fast then burn out. He kept getting a little farther away but in my sights so I let him go. I kept jogging waiting for him to walk because he was tired... but he kept running and running and running. So now I'm dying but he seems to get the point of it, they painted arrows and he's following it. Plus he's with a pack of people he's staying with so I say he'll be fine and I start walking/running. He ran the whole way! He ran the mile in 9 minutes and 18 seconds! He probably would have even ran faster if I hadn't been trying to reign him in at the beginning. I came in at like 12 minutes and something. He actually came back and ran in with me again at a sprint so I had to kick it in to not look like a total idiot. I am so proud of him! He wants to run a 2 mile on Satanta Day so we'll see.

After the race waiting to see if he won a medal. He remembered they handed out medals last year and he wanted one bad!
Photobucket

Jemma waiting also.
Photobucket

He won first place in his division 12 and under, male.
Photobucket

Way to go Jax!

No comments:

Post a Comment