Thursday, December 31, 2009

Many Christmases

Here is a post that combines all our Christmases together. We all had a great Christmas and Jaxon got a ton of presents. Although I think Mommy had the best reaction when I opened up our Wii that we got from my parents! I was totally shocked and very excited. We have used it everyday since we got it. The other surprise was a new TV! My grandparents got it for us. They had won it from a raffle. Re-gifting is the best!
We all love getting new stuff but the best part was seeing the family and having fun together. We're games people so we played lots of games, watched movies and had a lot of laughs! Definitely a good break and what we needed.

Topeka Christmas
We went to Topeka December 19 to my mom's sister's, Aunt Janelle. Here are the pics. My Aunt has a daughter, Aidan, who is actually a few months younger than Jaxon so they always have a blast when they get together.



Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve was at my parent's. We decided to not have the traditional meal (which for us is ham or turkey, mashed potatoes, vegetable, rolls, and dessert.) We had a pasta bar with different pastas and sauces, salad, garlic bread, and dessert. I love Italian (so you know who's idea it was). I loved it! Jaxon did too. He has inherited his mommy's love of carbs and ate 2 platefuls. Jaxon was so excited all day to open presents and didn't get a nap. I just tried to keep him occupied. We made Santa's cookies (another post) and played. After we ate he went and sat on the couch while the adults finished talking and fell fast asleep. Our tradition is to open the presents under the tree Christmas Eve then Santa comes in the morning with his gifts. We had the Christmas Eve service to go to at 7:30 so we planned to open presents before. I hated to wake him but all I had to say was presents and he was up. The youngest one always passes out gifts so I read them and Jaxon passed them out. After everyone has their presents then we take turns opening one present at a time starting with the youngest or oldest and go in age order. Since we have Jaxon we've been starting with the youngest because it's hard for him to wait. Jaxon was still kind of out of it so his reaction was as excited as he normally would be but he loved his gifts. He kept saying this is what I wanted!
My dad got a guitar from my mom and brother and also lessons from my brother, Dustin. Dustin didn't want to wrap it so he just went downstairs to get it. My mom and Blake were holding up a blanket so that Dad couldn't see it then they were going to drop the blanket so he could see. Right as my brother got up the stairs and they were about to drop the blanket the electricity went out. Good timing! My parents have a generator so we were able to finish opening presents and the electricity was back on after we got back from church.



Christmas Day

Jaxon was so excited when he woke up to see what Santa had brought him that we could hardly get the cameras and stuff together before he ran upstairs. He actually slept in until around 8 so it wasn't too early (bonus of sleeping in the basement). He was a bit more alert and excited about what he got. One of the biggest things was a fish tank so he can have some pets. He could hardly wait to get back to Satanta. Again, he got a ton of stuff that he loved.
I don't have a picture but my mom gave me and my brother our high school basketball uniforms in a frame which is really special to me. I don't want to get all sappy but for many reasons such as it was my favorite sport, my friends and I had many great times playing, Lewis High School is no more, etc...
Anyway, we all had a great Christmas and we must have been very good this year or at least we fooled Santa.



Granny's
Christmas Day we went to my Granny's for supper and our last Christmas! My dad's sister, Aunt Jan, and her kids, Faith and Tyler, came through the snow from Kansas City to celebrate with us. Jaxon was so excited to see Faith and Tyler. We had our traditional dinner - ham, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, salads, bread, and dessert. Yummy! We all got great stuff. Jaxon finally gave the reaction we all wanted. He was the most excited for... wait for it... drum roll... a SLINKY! Can you believe all the stuff he got and the thing he was the most excited for was a slinky?! Anyway, enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment