Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Retirement Mom!

My mom retired after 32 years of teaching. All of it has been in Kindergarten but it was only a few years ago that she had Kindergarten full day. She has taught 5th grade up to high school in the afternoons. I am taking over for her in Kindergarten this year and have some big shoes to fill.

We had a retirement party for her and another teacher that was retiring from Lewis. Kathy Schroeder has been teaching 3rd grade at Lewis for many years. She was my third grade teacher if that tells you anything. We figured people would be around from Lewis Days and the 4th of July so we had it the night before the 4th at PKays in Kinsley (the old bowling alley). I worked with Mrs. Schroeder's (she'll always be that to me) daughters and our dads for the party. It was a little challenging since I was in the middle of moving, summer farm stuff, and one daughter lived in Florida and one in California. But we pulled it off quite well I think.

Setting up. We went with a school theme - Duh!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Mom's cake.
Photobucket

See the posters. I had to dig to find some old pics and had them blown up poster size at Vistaprint. We were so busy crazy at the time and I had to get the pics from my mom and Mrs. Schroeder that they actually came that day. We set up at like 2 and they had gotten in by the time I got home. So they got put up right before the party.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blake DJ'd the dance.
Photobucket

Dustin
Photobucket

We had notecards and writing utensils for people to fill out memories for them to keep.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jemma was running around everywhere and everyone thought she was so cute!
Photobucket

Previous students
Photobucket

Looking at photos. We got some photo albums and old student work for people to look at.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't get nearly enough pictures but there was enough cameras around, together we got a lot. Happy Retirement Mom! Hope I do you proud.

Crashed!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment