Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Favorite Month

I love February for many reasons.
- It is my birthday month. (Of course now that I'm getting a lot older I may not like that as much.)
- It is the shortest month. (And gets us closer to spring break when it's over.)
- Valentine's Day! I love getting creative with ways to tell the kids I love them. (See below.)
- Red is my favorite color and the official sponsor color of Valentine's Day. I seriously decorate my room for this day more than even Christmas I think. It's not the hearts it is the color combinations.

So thanks to Pinterest (or maybe I should say no thank you) I have found some awesome ideas to do with my kids for Valentine's Day. It is so hard to narrow down which ideas I want but I figure anything I do extra is good enough for the kids.

To start off with, I picked up some Valentine boxes at Hobby Lobby on sale for them to make. Jemma did a good job decorating also. I picked up some heart stickers and she did a good job placing them on. Of course now she wants to take them off also.

 photo file_zpse94acf0b.jpg

 photo file_zps9f388cbc.jpg

 photo file_zps6b73d10e.jpg

 photo file_zps0e3a0d1f.jpg

 photo file_zpsf29b8711.jpg

Cheese!
 photo file_zps02a031ed.jpg

 photo file_zpsf53f64b3.jpg

Jaxonism:
I don't have any pics but on Sunday the cub scouts got together to get some sports belt loops. They played flag football in the gym and Blake was so proud of Jaxon for catching the first touchdown. Previously, catching anything had never been Jaxon's forte. They were talking about it that night and Blake was telling him that he was proud of him and that he would need to be able to catch this summer in DP because it wasn't T-ball anymore. Jaxon said, "Dad, I think I'm going to surprise you this summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment