Monday, January 2, 2012

Gingerbread and Caramels

In first grade we always do a gingerbread unit and then at the end we make gingerbread houses. It is always a mess but lots of fun for the kids. I was excited to be able to share this with Jaxon this year. I usually take pics of my students doing this and of course when my own son is there I forget my camera! I did get some pics on my Ipad but I'm too lazy to try to get it from there onto the blog so here are some pics of his finished product at home. We take the easy route and make them with graham crackers and use milk cartons to make them stable. We do have real gingerbread men the next day so they all get to taste gingerbread.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started making caramels a few years ago for Christmas presents and now people are used to me making them so that is all I make for gifts because people like them and they're fairly easy. I have a microwave recipe so making them is easy. The tedious part is cutting them and wrapping them. Fortunately this year Jaxon was able to help me. He liked to cut them apart with the pizza cutter which is actually a part I don't like. We blasted Muppets 12 Days of Christmas and cranked out the caramels.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jemma eating and watching.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment