Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Skiing in Breckenridge!!! (Condo, Shopping, Tubing)

The week before Christmas (Dec. 19 - 23) we went skiing in Breckenridge with my family - my parents, my grandparents, and my brother and his girlfriend (Erica). We had so much fun! Jaxon, Blake and Erica had never been skiing. I figured up and it has been since I was about 15 since I've been skiing so about 15 years. (I forget how old I am.)

First off here's the condo! It was so awesome! Lots of room with 4 stories and a hot tub. We were right by the mountain. In fact there was a lift we could walk to but since we were with a bunch of newbies and people who hadn't been for a long time (me) we took a bus over to the greens. My tradition since I was little is to take pictures of where we are staying at so as to remember what it looks like. I took a few pictures but didn't get all of it. I'm a little bit busier keeping track of the kids now so I tend to forget things.

Looking up to our area from the living room. Jaxon loved to go up there and look down.
Photobucket

Looking down on the living room, kitchen, and dining area.
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Jaxon ready for the hot tub. He was ready for it all the time!
Photobucket

Our room.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We originally planned to leave on Monday the 19th and just to go Goodland then go the rest of the way Tuesday. But there was a huge blizzard that came through so we went all the way on Monday. So we had the whole day in Breckenridge which was nice so we had some extra time to go to main street and walk around the shops.

Photobucket

Daddy and Jemma with the mountains behind them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jaxon with Starbucks hot chocolate.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tuesday night we went over to Keystone and went tubing. This was a test run to see how Jemma would do without Mommy and with Granny and Papa watching her. She didn't do so well but it wasn't as long days of skiing. Fortunately it did get better.

On the gondola riding up to the tubing area.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Waiting to watch the safety video.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we first got out to the tubing area Jaxon got really nervous and didn't want to go. We finally got him talked into it then he wanted to keep going. The only thing we would change would be to do it earlier. It got dark and then really cold but other than that it was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment