Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More Skiing

We went skiing for 2 days. We debated about sending Jaxon to ski school or if Blake and Erica should take lesson since they hadn't skied either. We found out we couldn't make it to ski school the first day for Jaxon because that was the day we got our rentals and we would be too late by the time we got them so we just decided to suck it up and help everyone ourselves. Wow! First off I haven't skied in forever so I was worried about myself plus when I skied in high school I was in way better shape (and a lot smaller). This is the first time I've ever helped people ski because I've always gone with people that could ski already or I needed help when I was younger. It is a lot of work! I really thought that Blake was going to hate it after the first day. But he did a lot better the second day and ended up liking it.
Jaxon was another story. The first day he kept begging to go to ski school. (Personally I hated ski school when I went in Kindergarten but Jaxon is a different child than me.) Then he would argue with us instead of listen when we tried to help him. We were all ready for him to go to ski school the next day. He loved ski school and ended up being top in his class.
All in all it was a good experience for all of us and hopefully it won't be another 15 years or so until I go again.

Jaxon getting ready to be fitted for his ski boot.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Uncle D and Jaxon.
Photobucket

Dad helping Mom.
Photobucket

Newbies - Blake and Erica.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Jaxon with his ski instructor.
Photobucket

I am mad I didn't get a picture of us on top of the mountain but it is such a pain to take off your gloves and get everything out so it was a no go this time.

Jemma sleeping on Granny while we were gone. She ended up doing a lot better on the days we were skiing.
Photobucket

Eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company on the last night.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jaxon and Grandpa with their cool cups. The bottoms lit up but the camera didn't show it.
Photobucket

Bye Bye Colorado! Here are the kids on the way home. Jemma traveled really well and slept most of the way. Jaxon didn't sleep at all on the way home which surprised me!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment