Monday, October 14, 2013

NKTOB Baby!!!

On our trip to KC, one of my childhood dreams came true - I went to a New Kids on the Block concert! I had heard they were touring awhile ago and at the time I looked it up just to see where they would be just in case. At the time the closest was Oklahoma City but it was on Jaxon's birthday so that was out. It came up again on TV or something so I looked it up again and I saw they had added Kansas City so I tried to find someone to go with me but everyone was already busy so I figured it wasn't mean to be. Then when we decided to go to KC and the weekend that we happened to be going was when the New Kids were there so I had to find a way to go. On the way up to KC on Friday I looked up to see if there was anymore tickets available and there was so I begged my mom to take me and she said yes! So I ordered the tickets and we went on Sunday!
The only problem was that my dad and brother had to get back to the farm and were leaving Sunday morning. We had taken 2 vehicles so we were able to take my mom home on Monday. So Sunday we went over to Lawrence to see my mom's side of the family but I forgot my camera. Afterwards, we came back to get ready for the concert. The next problem was that we only had one vehicle. So either Blake would drop us off and pick us up or we would take the vehicle then he would be stuck in the motel with the kids the whole time. Mom decided to go ahead and get a limo to take us and pick us up which was awesome! It was so nice to be dropped off right there and not have to wait in line to get out. It ended up being cheaper than a taxi anyway.

Taking pictures before we left.
 photo file_zpsbd1977df.jpg

 photo file_zpsf65e80f9.jpg

 photo file_zps53940efb.jpg

Mom and I doing the college girl pose.
 photo file_zps8b38f0e8.jpg

 photo file_zps53dbb56a.jpg

Jaxon wanted the lipstick mark.
 photo file_zps0f6d9c02.jpg

 photo file_zps95cd1190.jpg

Jaxon was not so upset that I was leaving but that I got to ride in a limo.
 photo file_zps1a7ed8cc.jpg

 photo file_zps110c7f68.jpg

Inside the limo.
 photo file_zps999c623b.jpg

 photo file_zpsbd153c61.jpg

Sprint Center
 photo file_zpsd37af08a.jpg

We made it!
 photo file_zps4f3383ea.jpg

 photo file_zpsa9433953.jpg

 photo file_zps7d11ef40.jpg

The Package Tour - New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, and Boyz II Men.
 photo file_zpsdbfef607.jpg

We had amazing seats! They started out on the stage on the left then they moved to the center stage which was right in front of us. We were in row 3 which I think was better than the floor since we were right there but up a little bit so we could see.
 photo file_zps70c0df63.jpg

I took a million photos so I'm not going to put them all up on here. I plan on making a photo book of just the concert.
Boyz II Men came out first. They were awesome!
 photo file_zps2b15e814.jpg

After they moved out to the center stage right across from us.
 photo file_zps1c476c88.jpg

They handed out roses.
 photo file_zpse5fc234e.jpg

 photo file_zps95ab60a8.jpg

 photo file_zps500bb1d7.jpg

Next came 98 Degrees.
 photo file_zps019d95cb.jpg

 photo file_zpseb205d1b.jpg

Nick Lachey
 photo file_zps268ec059.jpg

 photo file_zps8b3e2431.jpg

Drew
 photo file_zpsdfd7441e.jpg

 photo file_zps97e59b03.jpg

They brought up women to sing to.
 photo file_zps2e14fe43.jpg

 photo file_zpsfb1d376f.jpg

 photo file_zps151ca587.jpg

 photo file_zpsf5c6c5e6.jpg

Then came New Kids on the Block! They were on for about an hour and a half of awesomeness! Some history, they were really popular when I was in Third Grade. My friends and I even had a New Kids on the Block club. Yeah, we were cool! My favorite was always Jordan. Like most groups their popularity when away and they broke up. Now they are cool again and retro. I've never been one to go to a lot of concerts mainly because around here it is mostly country music and I don't listen to that.

 photo file_zps743f557f.jpg

 photo file_zpsf48b2744.jpg

I have a million photos but will try to pick my favs.
 photo file_zpsd7213371.jpg

 photo file_zps8aa8c7ae.jpg

Yeah the middle part raised up.
 photo file_zps65ec0c87.jpg

 photo file_zpsc53ebcb0.jpg

 photo file_zps701c25a3.jpg

 photo file_zps5da3cd74.jpg

 photo file_zpsb1418263.jpg

 photo file_zps0f36e33e.jpg

 photo file_zps5b0e68f6.jpg

 photo file_zps9ce43283.jpg

 photo file_zps29a445dc.jpg

 photo file_zps0828ee3c.jpg

 photo file_zps951cf38f.jpg

 photo file_zps9bbad9a6.jpg

 photo file_zpsb04705fd.jpg

 photo file_zps31bc36e2.jpg

It was awesome! Thanks Mom for taking me!

No comments:

Post a Comment