Thursday, October 10, 2013

Schliterbahn

On Saturday after the Royals game we went to the Schliterbahn waterpark. We ended up staying by the Legends Mall in KC and the waterpark was really close. I'd heard about it before and my dad really wanted to check it out.

The "sandcastle" outside of the park.
 photo file_zps356e3768.jpg

 photo file_zpsfe812794.jpg

The kids were very excited!
 photo file_zpsfd30e3c0.jpg

 photo file_zps800406bd.jpg

 photo file_zps97e764bd.jpg

Stopping to feed the fish on the way.
 photo file_zps2edad804.jpg

 photo file_zps4be746af.jpg

 photo file_zps24afb2b5.jpg

We had a lot of fun. They let you bring in food so we stopped to get snacks and drinks. That saved us a lot from the overpriced concession food. It was a cloudy day but it held off raining until after we left. They had some fun looking slides but the lines were like an hour just to go down one so we spent our time on their really long river. It had rapids in places and big waves. It took a good 30-45 minutes to go through the whole thing. We would each get a tube or double up. I found one for Jemma and me that the child one didn't have a hole in the bottom. I put her in it in front of me then put my legs around her. She loved it! I was afraid she would be scared but we just put her jacket on her and she did great! She only wanted to ride with me though.

 photo file_zps8946b98a.jpg

 photo file_zpsd471f1e9.jpg

 photo file_zps4c1a564f.jpg

 photo file_zps1a9bf564.jpg

I didn't get a lot of photos. It is always hard at a water park since I don't want to get the camera wet.

Picking something from the gift shop before we left. Remember those long pixie sticks. Well they had empty ones that you could fill up with any flavors you wanted. (The kids ate some at the time but they were quickly forgotten and eventually trashed.)
 photo file_zps690073f3.jpg

 photo file_zpsa95fdfac.jpg

 photo file_zps5c9a752f.jpg

 photo file_zps2f1d8b17.jpg

 photo file_zps447ac6f3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment