Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Here We Go!






Ok here it goes! I am really bummed that I can't get the cool header my mom made to center but if I wait until I figure out how to fix it I might never get this going. Anyway I am planning on using this to record the regular day to day happenings like a journal. Mostly because Jaxon is growing up so fast and I forget all the cute things he does. Hopefully I'll remember to write it down now so I can go back later and remember when. I've never been good at diaries so hopefully I can keep up with this. I do like typing better than writing. My Grandpa (Papa) writes in his journal every night. His grandpa started it and I'm not sure when my papa continued it but there are many journals. It recounts basic happenings but it is really cool to go back and see when I was born and other stuff. It is also good to settle arguments of when things happened as people get older and memories go. So I want do something for my family but with a 21st century edge.



We are on spring break right now and enjoying the awesome weather. I am so glad that the yucky weather was last week so we can enjoy this time outside with Jaxon. Also Blake is working on getting our fence done right now as I write so I will post some pics later. We are so excited to have a fence this summer now that Jaxon is older. So hopefully I can send him outside while I finishing cooking or something without fear of him getting run over. We live on the edge of town so people seem to zip even faster around the corners without looking. I fortunately have a window in the kitchen looking into the backyard.



Yesterday we were on the farm (my family's farm in Lewis, KS) and got to do some kite flying. Jaxon was really excited for about 5 minutes then let Daddy and I fly while he started picking up rocks.



Oh well, it was only $3 and kept Blake and I entertained for awhile. Then my dad came out and said since it was such nice weather Blake and him should go golfing. Fine with me as long as I don't have to do it. I just like driving the cart while having a beverage. Maybe someday I will learn but I get frustrated really easy and am too competitive to just enjoy it.



Jaxon was combing my dad's hair the other night and asked him where some of his hair went (bald spot). Dad said that Uncle D (my brother Dustin) took it out. Jaxon said that he needed to put it back then. If only it were that easy Jaxon!











No comments:

Post a Comment