Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Wait, It's March!

So the snowstorm definitely did hit. We are in the middle of it right now. We've got quite a few drifts and it's still coming down. The bonus is no school today - YEAH! The negative is that it ruined our plans to go to Kansas City this weekend and see old college friends - boooo! We'll just have to make the best of it. We still have electricity - so far! Hopefully we can get a lot done this weekend like putting up our new microwave. I'm so excited because it will open up some counter space. I know dumb things make me excited.
We are being lazy parents right now trying to put off going out in the snow even though Jaxon is dying to go. We'll get out there sometime but it is such a pain to get all the snow gear on and we'll probably only be out for 5 minutes. It is coming down really hard with a lot of wind.
I hope I don't sound too grouchy. I really do love snow and snow days off from school but I was hoping for this during winter. I guess beggers can't be choosers. We are planning to get together with friends (in town) to gripe about the snow messing up our weekend plans.
Jaxonism:
Look at the "shootgun" I made mommy!
shootgun = shotgun

Here are some snow pics as of 1 p.m.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have big drifts in your back yard! Just think how green your grass will be when it melts.....We have some snow but not near as much as it sounded like we would have. We are looking at old slides of your Dad....you should be here!!! Love you, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. no snow here.... yet! Must have been nice to have a snow day!

    ReplyDelete