Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lazy Days! Fence Finally Done!

Well we are officially in spring break mode. After Blake finished the fence today - Yeah! We just laid around being lazy. Even though I have a million things I want to get done, I am enjoying the time to relax because I am sure the last nine weeks of school will be super busy. Blake is coaching junior high track and I have a big Fairy Tale unit planned for my first graders which is so much fun but a lot of work. I love this unit because it covers all of my standards so well and it is fun and engaging learning which I believe makes for long-term learning. I know this doesn't seem that exciting to most but it's what I do so I've got to be a little excited about it. Next week we study Cinderella which everyone knows so we study many different versions. Ok here I go again - moving on.

The biggest happening of the day is the fence is done! This is our 4th year here living in Satanta and we have this huge yard. Being farm kids, we love the huge yard and didn't see a need for a fence since we never had one. Living in town, we quickly learned how much we wanted and needed one. Blake started in November and the long process is finally done! Hopefully I'll get some progression pics up but my camera is acting funny.

We are getting ready for some college friends to come visit - the Chance's. We always have a lot of fun together so we're excited to have them come visit from Riley. They have 3 boys so there will be a lot of testosterone. Shauna and I might have to escape for awhile. Last time we did that though and left the husbands with the kids they claimed that the instant the door was shut the kids all started screaming. We think it is just a ploy to make us stay though.

No comments:

Post a Comment