Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Water Fun

Jaxon is really into playing outside in the water this summer and with the fence and patio it is nice for me too. It has been too cold this week but here are some pics of him playing in the sprinklers and baby pool when it was warmer. We went to the swimming pool once during the week of bible school. Last year Jaxon was terrified of the big pool and wouldn't even go put his feet in the water. So when I promised him I would take him I didn't give one thought to him wanting to go into the big pool. When we got there some of his friends were in the big pool and he went right up to say hi. After he got in the baby pool, he wanted to go see his friends (I mean all of his girlfriends). So we put our feet in which I thought was a big step for him and before I knew it he was getting ready to get in with some friends. I didn't have my suit so I told him to hold up a sec. A friend of mine watched him while I ran home to get his life-jacket thinking the whole time this would be a wasted trip even though he insisted he wanted to get in. Well I was wrong - he did get in with his friends (and jacket). I was shocked. He didn't let go of his friends but they went around the pool with him which was a big improvement from the screaming kid last year. I plan to get him into swimming lessons and I'm still hoping that he will like it - knock on wood.

Photobucket
At Grandma's

Photobucket

Photobucket
Filling up the pool

Photobucket
Getting Ready

Photobucket
At Granny's

Photobucket

Photobucket
With Addison

Photobucket

Jaxonism:
Jaxon was eating his supper tonight and must be having a growth spurt because he is eating a lot lately (without as much griping). Anyway, he ate almost all of his hamburger and we were telling him that if he got a happy plate he could have a fudgesicle. He had one bite of his hamburger left and said, "Here Daddy," and gave Blake his hamburger. Then he turned to me and said, "Mommy, look I got a happy plate." He's too smart for his own good already.

Sort of Jaxonism: The day we went to the pool some of his friends, Ella and Caydon, had goggles on so Jaxon thought he needed some in his favorite color yellow. When he got them the weather was too chilly to go to the pool but that didn't stop him from wearing them everywhere - the golf club, the movies, out to eat, etc... Notice how he has to wrinkle up his nose to keep them up - very cool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. He must be trying to be as dorky as Ella with the goggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he can teach my boys how to enjoy the water! They hate the pool this year!

    ReplyDelete